10 Jun 2012

One-to-One Beginners DSLR Camera and Photography Tuition – South Wales -

I am a professional Wedding, Events and Family photographer, based in the Swansea Valley (SA9). I also offer DSLR photography tuition either for absolute beginners or for people who know a little about how to operate their DSLR camera, but would like to learn more, especially how to use the camera in full Manual mode. The tuition is on a one-to-one basis, but if you have a friend, partner or family member who might be interested, then they would be most welcome to join us and you could then split the cost between you. The tuition will be mainly ‘classroom/workshop’ based at my home address, where I have a small ‘home studio’. My address is on my website. We shall also work outdoors, for example at a local park. Depending on distance, I could instead visit you at your address, but for this I would charge extra, certainly for petrol costs, etc. To reassure you that I am genuine you may like to visit my website and see the sort of work that I do, and also view my portfolios (link below). The Portfolio Page in particular has galleries showing some of the photographs that I have taken for various local organisations. We shall start from scratch, and I will show you how to use your DSLR camera in full Manual mode. Depending on how many sessions you book, we will study exposure, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, metering, focal length, flash and studio lighting, etc. We will also discuss different types of lenses, flash lights, etc. We will also explore concepts such as Depth of Field, the Inverse Square Law, Light Fall Off, and the Rule of Thirds. We will also look at how to get those lovely ‘out-of-focus’, ‘blury’ backgrounds for portraiture. The only requirements are that you will need to bring along a DSLR camera (not a point-and-shoot). A so-called ‘bridge’ camera that has full Manual control could possibly be used, but would be limiting. Each session lasts for about three or four hours, and will cost you just £30 each session. Depending on how much of the above you feel you need to cover, you may need three or four sessions. I have been teaching this way since November, and four sessions is typical. Interested? Then please take a look at my website for more information about me and my work, and then either ring me or send me an email (all contact information below and also on my website). I am Enhanced CRB-Checked and fully insured (copies of paperwork on my website). As well as weddings (I cover about forty or more weddings a year), I also provide photography coverage for a lot of charities and children’s groups in the south Wales area, including The Urdd and Menter Caerdydd. I hope to hear from you soon, Bob Grainger www.bobgraingerphotography.com Mobile: 07850 656765. Landline: 01639 830083 Info [at] bobgraingerphotography.com

Popular